Author of over 30 books, 10 instructional videos, and hundreds of articles on stone installation, care, and restoration in both the United States and foreign publications and journals, Fred Hueston is a world renowned industry expert. Besides being the founder of Stone Forensics, he is a certified master stone craftsman, an Architectural Conservator, and a nationally known consultant. He has appeared on several television shows, including the Discovery Channel, HGTV, and local talk shows. Fred provides training to those in the industry as well. In addition to his course training stone inspectors, Fred brings a wealth of expertise to the SurpHaces Learning Institute as the Director and instructor.
Fred’s accomplishments include:
- Certified Master Stone Craftsman & Architectural Conservator
- Director for the National Training Center for Stone & Masonry Trades and instructor for master and senior level craftsman certification
- Chief Technical Director for SurpHaces and the SurpHaces Learning Institute
- Founding member of the International Association of Stone Restoration and Conservation (IASRC)
- Former Technical Editor for Stone World Magazine
- Instructor for Certified Marble and Stone Inspectors (IICRC)
- Certified Instructor for The International Surface Fabricators Association
- Frequently presents seminars and presentations for stone, tile and historical associations.
- A syndicated newspaper columnist: ‘Around the House’ for several papers across the US
- Has served as technical advisor, consultant and expert witness for numerous projects across the US, Canada, Asia and Europe.
- Technical Director for Safeandcompliant.net
- 30 Hour OSHA Certified
- Hosts the weekly blog radio show, The Stone and Tile Show